Thursday 8 April 2021

OCTOPUS FILM FESTIVAL

A FIRE IN THE COLD SEASON

Switched off. Wolves being killed in traps in cold blood revolted me first. Then the story where a poacher becomes a hero felt off. A pregnant widow was terribly cliche and made the plot awfully predictable. Then it dawned on me that the main storyline, combined with attractive music and night lights, resembled something. The film is basically a redneck version of "Drive", played by mediocre actors of average looks. This one contains lots of swearing, the protagonists lack purpose and do stuff knowing no better. It's not even sure why exactly the gangsters are after them - the pretext is barely sketched. The movie traipses from one incident to the next. Based on protracted shots, the whole thing is so slow I paused frequently to surf the net and about half an hour before the end I decided not to fool myself any longer.

No comments: