Tuesday 23 March 2021

FESTIWAL FILMOW FRANKOFONSKICH (FRANCOPHONE FILM FESTIVAL) - ONLINE

I've seen wonderful "Dalida" and so-so "La femme de mon frère" ("A Brother's Love") before. So I've got 6 left to see this year - the festival runs to 26 March and is free of charge.

ORIZONT (2015)

Watchable. An enigmatic but engaging crime drama. I mean, I couldn't make out who the few dodgy groups of people were but the protagonist knew how to react. May be down to my lack of knowledge of Romanian society and the movie seems to explore the socio-psychological roots of the rural underworld. The way the film cast interact with one another appears natural and the dialogue and the thugs authentic. For the most part, I thought the movie should be titled "Crime and No Punishment" but that comes in the end too.

It's loud and the subtitles are legible from a distance, apart from those on light background, shame the black space below wasn't used for that but I guess the movie was initially destined for cinemas.

No comments: