Saturday 26 December 2020

AFRYKAMERA ONLINE

NDOTO ZA ELIBIDI (THE DREAMS OF ELIBIDI)

Watchable. Neither did I find the comedy amusing, nor do I need explanation about AIDS transmission but the educational performance had an engaging storyline so I kept watching to see what would happen to the characters. Also the form of the film is unusual since the action jumps from the stage onto the city (Nairobi) locations and back seamlessly. And the look on the faces of the local audience makes you appreciate the initiative: education through entertainment appears to hit the bull's eye. Decent music, I particularly liked the song over the end credits.

THE SOUND OF MASKS

Switched off. Haywire commentary, additionally in a dull voice and with plenty of pausing. Nothing pretty in the mask dance either. Also, I didn't learn anything new from this documentary.

No comments: