Thursday 15 October 2020

RAZ, JESZCZE RAZ

Walked out. I got to the screening late and... left early. I gave it half an hour (my minimum for feature-length screenings, to give every film a fighting chance) and within that time I heard: locker room talk - only, technicalities of pissing - by pissed protagonists of course - and of entering a brothel, slurping, famous actors doing the same locker room talk with theatrical poise, I saw drunks, also pissing - a recurring motif in the picture, scruffy men, colours off, grainy texture. Virtually each line of the dialogues is filled with filth, curse words - the lowest sort of language and people and completely accidental music. Only sound was of decent quality. Target audience? Only unsophisticated, uneducated men, best drunk.

The movie makers laughed every now and then at the premiere. I'm glad at least they enjoyed the film.

No comments: