Friday 9 October 2020

PRZEMIANY FESTIVAL 2020 - YEAR ZERO (ONLINE)

UNTITLED

Watchable. A skillfully shot travelogue which is pleasant at the time of the pandemic: wrestlers in sand - probably in Senegal, post-war empty brick houses in former Yugoslavia, people and goats co-existing happily round a landfill. I don't think I'd see any of these otherwise. But at some point the pictures feel drowsy. 1.5 hours is a bit too long. It also doesn't inform me of anything I didn't know before but it shows things I have mostly only read about. Pleasant.

DER SIEBENTE KONTINENT (THE SEVENTH KONTINENT) (1989)

Switched off. Tedious. Very ordinary lives. My own life is more interesting.

Both films were perfectly audible, with big, thick Polish subtitles."Untitled" had Polish voice over for some reason.


No comments: