Wednesday 27 February 2019

KOBIETY MAFII 2 (WOMEN OF MAFIA 2)

Recommended. Effing awesome. I want more. Part two is also bloody and brutal but lighter in tone as it's all fictitious, which is quite apparent, and contains a lot of humour. I laughed more than at some comedies. The action covers Poland, Morocco, Columbia and the intrigue is complex and comprehensible at the same time, cohesive, with a few good twists of action. Distinct characters, convincingly acted. I had a great time.

LIFE ITSELF

Recommended. I may not agree with the idea that what shapes our lives the most are our parents' and grandparents' tragedies but the film moved me deeply and got me thinking what it is that shapes us. Convincingly acted. Curiously with Antonio Banderas as an avuncular elderly gentleman.

WILKOLAK (WEREWOLF)

Watchable. I saw it only for the intriguing concept that the SS left the concentration camp but their dogs trained for killing remained. But it's far from terrifying, in spite of attempts of applying jump scares. Basically the dogs were ordinary ones and I love them as a rule. The movie lasts only 1 hour 28 minutes but feels twice as long due to protracted sequences and repetitions of the dogs' and prisoners' training. In between you get examples of dealing with thirst and hunger as well as psychological traumas. Violin music sounds kind of sentimental. Weird, boring, martyrological - in other words: typically Polish. 

No comments: