Wednesday 28 March 2018

LOVE, SIMON

Recommended. I laughed and cried, often at the same time. Nick Robinson is so cute as Simon you immediately symphatise with him. The movie's high school flick for teenagers and their parents and everyone else. Plenty of comical scenes, e.g. a teenage couple dancing and the girl says: "You know, I'm really in love with you." "Really?! I'll be right back" and then he texts: "Get me out of here, please. Kids are drinking alcohol." "OMG. I'll be right there. Mum". The school vice principal and the drama teacher (Tony Hale and Natasha Rothwell) are brilliant too. All of high school age mishaps do happen and make you laugh out loud. And the wait for Simon's love's identity to be revealed creates perfect suspense. Good pop music blends in the picture. The initial breakfast and final breakfast fasten the story.


No comments: