Saturday 3 February 2018

WINCHESTER

Watchable. Based on true events surrounding the Winchester family. Yes, the ones of the Winchester Repeating Arms Co. With a brilliant twist of action where one of characters turns out to be a ghost. Yet the rest is full of cheap horror gimmicks, mostly sudden apparitions meant to startle you. A Melbourne studio imitates San Jose in the movie.

I found a strange black pen in my coat pocket after the screening. Ghosts?

HAPPY END

I watched the beginning again and now I'm not sure if it's really essential to focus on the opening scenes. I think the later shock is bigger when you didn't read the very early phone-filmed sequence text carefully.

MAZE RUNNER: THE DEATH CURE IN DOLBY ATMOS 3D

Watchable. A satisfactory conclusion to the series. Comprehensible only to those who've seen the previous two parts. Decent 3D, sound as comprehensive as it gets. Nothing pleasant to look at so I'll give Imax a miss. This part is totally action-based with so many fights I had enough and a cliffhanger that made my palms wet.

No comments: