Tuesday 3 January 2017

SING

Recommended. I was sceptical about a movie with singing pigs but it surpassed my expectations. The storyline is reminiscent of "Fame", while animation-wise it resembles "Zootropolis". Also characters seem to be inspired by the latter: a variety of species of animals living in a multicultural society reflecting humans'. Big actor names dub the original version and even the Polish dubbing sounds seemless. Several well-known songs are featured. Some scenes made me laugh (e.g. "I've made you coffee." "And... where is it?" "I felt parched on the way."), other moved me deeply. It also showcases an array of singers' motivations as well as some outstanding characters like the posh sheep family. Great fun for children and adults alike.

PERFETTI SCONOSCIUTI (PERFECT STRANGERS)

Recommended. A comedy drama about secrets and lies. With several serious issues: gay coming out, one's open-mindedness, trust and its abuse, real motives of staying together, sexual initiation, bringing up adolescents etc. Very involvingly acted. But the best is the perfect structure of the film.

No comments: