Monday 22 August 2016

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE ULTIMATE EDITION

Watchable. 181 minutes pass hardly noticeably. To my astonishment I liked the extended version better. The extra scenes blend smoothly into the storyline, assisted by superb film music. I watched it at a regular cinema this time and I found it much easier to focus on the plot than at Imax. There's no action overload. Tension, gentle wit, nostalgy, sorrow and solemnity mix at an uneven pace which prevents boredom. Ben Affleck is my favourite Batman ever. There are tongue-in-cheek references to the series of Jokers from previous movies and to the Arkham Asylum and intriguing ones to X-Men (the final scene) and Avengers as well as a sequel promise. No after-the-credits scene however. The few things I found a bit annoying are: murmuring Jeremy Irons replacing superb Michael Caine as Bruce Wayne's butler and Holly Hunter mumbling as if she couldn't move her face muscles properly.

No comments: