Sunday 28 February 2016

OSCARS 2016

I love Chris Rock! I feared he would make racist anti-white jokes. Instead he's against political correctness and clearly states that what black actors need are opportunities. He rightly points out Leonardo di Caprio gets a great opportunity every year while Jamie Foxx who "was so great that when he was Ray they unplugged the real Ray" doesn't. Or about women who are no longer asked what they are wearing: "Men aren't asked because they all wear the same!"

No wins for my favourites so far. But I admit I haven't seen "Spotlight", "The Big Short" or "The Danish Girl".

Oh, no! That awful "Mad Max: Fury Road" gets 6 Oscars.

Visual Effects for "Ex Machina" is not too bad. At least not for "Mad Max".

Star Wars robots (all 3 of them) on the stage!

Scout cookies replace the pizza order gimmick. Barely funny. But at least I learnt Leonardo di Caprio had made 30 million.

Mark Rylance winning the Best Supporting Actor award for being the Soviet spy in "Bridge of Spies" is fine with me. He was brilliant. His speech made an impression as he said "I don't know how they separate my supporting acting from your glorious supporting acting" to his awarhttps://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6904490964741603406#editor/target=post;postID=7083504047651953856d rivals.

Best Documentary Feature "Amy". Exactly what I rooted for.

Hungarian "Son of Saul" deservedly wins the foreign category.

I hated the "Till It Happens To You" being nominated as the best song because the film - "The Hunting Ground" wasn't. To my amazement the vice president came to the Oscar gala, where he called himself "the least qualified man here" but came to urge everyone to take "a pledge to intervene when a consent has not or cannot be given". Lady Gaga also made a statement with her powerful rendition of the song.

Brie Larson won Best Actress In A Leading Role for "Room" just liked I hoped and she even thanked the movie goers for seeing her film.

Shame Lady Gaga's song didn't win. The worst song performed by Sam Smith did. I just could't stand his voice.
 
Ennio Morricone deservedly won the Best Original Score for "The Hateful Eight" and paid a tribute to his rival John Williams. I really appreciated it. Two greats had been nominated at the same time.

At his 6th nomination Leonardo di Caprio finally wins! He gets a standing applause and gives a beautiful speech on climate change and on how we should take our planet for granted just like he's not taking his Oscar for granted.

High time for me to see "Spotlight". Quite a lot of movie clampdown on sex criminals this year by the way.

I followed http://schoener-fernsehen.com/live/stream/de/PRO7/PRO%20SIEBEN/ without significant technical disruptions this year.

No comments: