Thursday 26 April 2012

NIGHT FILM MARATHON: EUROPEAN HORRORS

REC 3: GENESIS

Watchable. Full of humour, e.g. when running away from zombies: "I can't get through the door because of  this Johnny the Sponge costume." "So why don't you take it off?" "Because I've got nothing underneath." or "I wasn't going to come to your wedding but we hadn't seen each other for so long." "I only invited you ouf of courtesy. I didn't think you'd come." "I found a cheap ticket on the internet." It also enlivens the genre with a religious motive. Other than that it's just a bunch of people chased by a crowd of zombies.

LOS OJOS DE JULIA (JULIA'S EYES)

Watchable. Full of suspense and good twists of action ruined by a run-of-the-mill slasher ending.

THE WOMAN IN BLACK

Recommended. Reminiscent of "Insidious" and just as scary.

TROLLHUNTER

Watchable. I'm not really into mockumentaries but the troll superstitions gave it a rarely seen folklore feel.

No comments: