Tuesday 15 September 2009

AWAY WE GO

Walked out. People in their thirties try to sort their lives. I decided sorting out my own life was more interesting and left.

DORIAN GRAY

Watchable. The 1970 film was one of the creepiest of my childhood. This one relies on ominous noises and worms rather than dosing the menace. It's also really poorly acted, even Colin Firth acts half-heartedly. Good it retained some of Oscar Wilde's brilliant observations (e.g. "I didn't exactly propose. I just said I loved her and she said it was her dream come true to become my wife." "Women are so wonderfully practical.")

SORORITY ROW

Watchable. The title indicated a chick flick so I was surprised to see them killing each other. As slasher movies go, this one doesn't stand out. It's fast-paced so you can't get bored but no major scares.

No comments: