Friday 14 August 2009

LOVE AAJ KAL

Walked out. A boring guy breaks up with a boring girl (doesn't surprise me) and then their love starts to blossom. There's also another love story thrown in, played by the same insipid pair of actors.

COCO AVANT CHANEL (COCO BEFORE CHANEL)

Watchable. To achieve fame you have to come from a dysfunctional family like I heard from a psychologist on telly. It is certainly true that people from broken families fare better in life. My 3 best friends are living examples: stable relationships, jobs, sometimes really good while I'm out of work and single (coming from a good home obviously). Coco has what it takes. She is pushy but she was also pushed and shoved a lot. An inspiring movie of making your own destiny. Still, some bits were so slow that I drifted away once in a while only to find that when I regained full focus I didn't miss any bit of the plot .

MESRINE:L'INSTINCT DE MORT (MESRINE: KILLER INSTINCT)

Walked out. More about a degenerate husband beating his wife, incapable of controlling his anger and misjudging people's life choices rathen than a killer. Mesrine was clearly a psychopath deprived of empathy and looking for the shortest way to his goals but the movie focused on family issues instead.

ADAM

Watchable. I don't find brain disorders particularly fascinating but the love story was moving: a guy with no social skills struggles to understand the world around him and you wonder whether his impediment dooms him to loneliness. Is everyone able to find love?

No comments: