Tuesday 23 June 2009

"TWILIGHT" AND "NEW MOON" BOOKS BY STEPHENIE MEYER

Recommended. I loved the first movie and the first book got me hooked on the whole series. The second book mercilessly and fa-fetchedly rips off "Romeo and Juliet" but the movie may be just as good. I can't wait till November till it's released. I've yet to read "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn". You have to reserve the books at libraries. Then lend out straightaway. Waiting list for all of them everywhere in London. But the beautiful dreamy prose is worth the wait.

From "New Moon":

"I felt the smooth wooden floor beneath my knees, and then the palms of my hands, and then it was pressed against the skin of my cheek. I hoped that I was fainting, but, to my disappointment, I didn't lose consciousness. The waves of pain that had only lapped at me before now reared high up and washed over my head, pulling me under.

I did not resurface."

And now movies proper:

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN

Walked out. Silly plot, lousy dialogues and far too long (2.5 hours).

TRAINSPOTTING

Recommended. Seen on DVD a couple of times and yesterday on the big screen for the first time. The best drugs movie ever. Over and over again. Exquisitely written, filmed and acted.

THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT

Recommended. So brutal that left me with a craving for sweets. I just burnt out all my sugar supplies watching it. Clever and tense.

No comments: